Ann Viitala has operated Viitala Law Office for twenty-five years. During that time she has focused on the areas of estate planning and family law, as well as serving as general legal counsel for numerous businesses and non-profits. Ann has advised hundreds of clients to assist them in protecting their families, pursuing opportunities and resolving disputes, building a wealth of knowledge and experience along the way.
Selected Writing, Presentations and Community Service
- Editor and author, Minnesota Continuing Education’s Estate Planning For Non-Traditional Families Deskbook
- Presentations on estate planning for Minnesota Public Radio, The Minneapolis Foundation, and employee networks at General Mills and Target
- Pro Bono attorney, Children’s Law Center, Immigration Law Center, Minnesota Advocates For Human Rights
- Volunteer Lawyers Network Legal Clinics, Roosevelt High School and Edison High School
- Coach, Minnesota High School Mock Trial team at Central High School
- Founding Board member, American Indian AIDS Task Force, African American AIDS Task Force, and Equality Minnesota (later known as Project 515)
- Past Board member, Minnesota Lavender Bar Association, Forecast Public Art, District 202 and Minneapolis Police Civilian Review Authority
- Numerous CLE Presentations on topics including Estate Planning, Ethical Considerations in Dual Representation, and Starting a Law Firm
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association and Hennepin County Bar Association
- Completion of 40-Hour Mediation Skills Training
- University of Minnesota – J.D.
- St. Olaf College – B.A.